- Access Microsoft 365 through the web browser or app
- Your child’s username and password should have already been sent by school
- Once logged on, there should be a link inviting your child to the Teams afternoon call (this will be the same time everyday)
To adher to Safeguarding regulations, staff and children must ensure the following:-
- No 1:1s, groups only. In cases where 1:1 tuition is essential, staff must seek formal written agreement from a senior manager and the pupil’s parent.
- Staff and children must wear suitable clothing, as should anyone else in the household.
- Where staff are working remotely any technology used for communication should be in appropriate areas, staff need to be mindful that backgrounds do not compromise personal confidentiality or breach the guiding principles of safer working practice guidance for staff working in educational settings.
- Our school reserves the right for staff members to record live streamed sessions with pupils as a log of the activity. By joining the learning session parents give permission for this to happen.
- Live classes should be kept to a reasonable length of time, or the streaming may prevent the family ‘getting on’ with their day.
- Language must be professional and appropriate, including any family members in the background.
- Staff should record, the attendance of any sessions held
Other useful sites
To assist further with home learning the following websites can be accessed by parents:-
Miss Willis has created a Padlet with many websites on offer-
The CBBC channel will have a three-hour block of primary school programmes from 9am. This will include programmes from BBC Live Lessons and BBC Bitesize Daily as well as Our School, Celebrity Supply Teacher, Horrible Histories and Operation Ouch. - Also on iPlayer.
White Rose Maths videos follow the same maths given to the children for extra practice or clarification - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/
Hit the button game - Number bonds -
Top Marks maths games -Counting Ordering and Sequencing Place Value, Odd and Even Addition and Subtraction https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/5-7-years/counting
Phonics play are providing a free log in this January — Username is jan21 and Password is home — https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
Oxford Owl have free e-books— https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/?view=image&query=&type=book&age_group=Age+5-6&level=&level_select=&book_type=&series=#
Storyline - videos of stories being read with animations and subtitles
Cosmic Kids Yoga - https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga