Welcome to the Parents & Friends of St Oswald's School Group Page!
The Parents’ Group helps to raise money to improve the lives of our children in school, as well as to help them have fun!
Recent events we have organised include:
- School Discos
- Table Top Sale
- Ice Skating
- Magic Show
- Fashion Show
- Car Boot Sale
If you would like to be involved, please see any group member or come along to our next meeting which will be advertised in the school newsletter.
Stamptastic link is www.stamptastic.co.uk - use school cash back code OSWALD so that school will receive up to 30% money back from your purchase.
STOP PRESS - Our new PFG School Lottery is now live. If you like playing lotteries, why not give this one a try. You will be raising money for the PFG, as well as giving yourself chances to win. Each ticket enters you into both our school draw and the Open draw for a £25000 prize. Each ticket costs £1 with 40p going directly to the our PFG funds, 30p going into our school draw prize fund, 6p going into the Open draw prize fund and 24p for admin / VAT. To play go to https://www.yourschoollottery.co.uk/lottery/school/st-oswalds-c-of-e-primary
Parents & Friends Group News
- PE Bags - As the school is growing, the Parents and Friends Group have noticed the challenge of keeping PE kit safe at school. It all needs to be named (see below), but even then it is much better if it is kept safely together. To help with this, we've designed a branded drawstring PE bag. The PE bags are available to see on the school blog or by dropping in at the office. They are optional, but if you would like a PE bag please send £6 into the school office along with your child's name and class by Monday 3rd July and we'll send one home before the end of term. Please make cheques payable to St Oswald's PFG.
- Sports Day Refreshments and Bake Sale - The parents group will be holding a bake sale and selling refreshments in return for donations at Sports Day on Tuesday 4th July so please remember some change. We'd welcome any donations of home baking on the morning of Tuesday the 4th July.
- Charity Status - The Parents and Friends Group are very excited to have recently become a registered charity. This shows what a great job the Parents and Friends Group are doing and enables us to raise money more efficiently. For example, the PFG will be able to claim an extra 25p for every £1 a taxpayer sponsors Mr Madeley for his 32 mile walk. We've chosen to use make-a-donation.org as unlike some electronic sponsorship sites charities do not have to pay monthly fees or transaction charges so the Parents and Friends Group will receive every single penny you donate via their website. https://make-a-donation.org/fundraisers/rupert-madeley
- Save the Dates - Please save the dates for Parents and Friends Group events next term:
- Parent's Group meeting - 8pm Thursday 14th September
- Back to school social - 4pm Saturday 23rd September
- Christmas shopping evening - 7pm Thursday 16th November
- Naming School uniform - Last week the school reminded us how important it is to name all the belonging that children take into school; uniform, PE Kit, coats, shoes, lunchboxes, water bottles and book bags. For those of us who are short on time and don't like sewing, Stamptastic (http://www.stamptastic.co.uk/) sell personalised name stamps and fabric pens that are an easy way to permanently name any belongings. Personalised stamps are £10 and an ink pad is £12, and if you enter the code 'OSWALD' the Parents and Friends Group will receive a donation.
- Second Hand Uniform Donations - If your child is growing out of their school uniform or leaving school this year, please hand it in at the office as a donation for the Parents and Friends Group second hand uniform sale.